Monday, October 3, 2011

Quick Rant

I'm going to quick rant here because I can't focus on studying during my hour break without getting this out first.

So, being a business major, I have a few classes with a lot of the same people.  Deciding that I didn't want to be a loner in class my entire semester, I befriended some people.  Occasionally, we study together in the library when a test approaches.

A couple days ago, the day before our economics test, a boy I had never met joined our little study team.  Sitting at a small table on the third floor of the library, we quizzed each other on questions that were on the study guide. It was quite routine, nothing unusual about it.  Until, that is, we got to a very specific questions.

What role does economics play in the discussion of global warming?


You might have thought I had talked smack on this kids grandmother by the way he started going off.  First, he complained that this was a "gay" class and he didn't even have to take it, he just was.  Wow, good job kid. I can handle derogatory comments here and there since I live in a small town and people are still using terrible slang and I also didn't want to raise an argument that would make me lose my new class friends.  Here is where he lost me.  "Duh, global warming is just something that politicians like to argue about."  I starred, wide-eyed at him and asked seriously, "Are you serious?"  He responded with something along the lines of, "Yeah, it's just another thing that they can argue about, politicians are so stupid."  I just kept staring at him.  What? Was he really this serious?  My hand almost subconsciously back-handed him.  Of course, he then complained about how hard this class was because our teacher was the "gayest" teacher ever and didn't know how to teach (I like my teacher by the way, he's hilarious in the fact that he makes fun of everyone).

I just had to write down my frustration.  Back to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment