Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's like camping

Within the past week or so, I recently moved into my new home that I will be residing in until the end of Spring semester.  Let's talk about some of its wonders.

When I first moved into this house, I was the only person living inside of it.  A 1950's house, under remodeling, and all alone.  You think I'd have easily died the first night living there with some man with a hook hand coming through my window.  Fortunately for me, I just had to live with occasional creaks and moans that the house made so I could cry myself to sleep.

The next week got a little bit better.  Unfortunately for my friend Nicholas, he was booted from his house and needed a place to stay.  I jumped at the opportunity so that if a hook handed man got in the house, he'd get Nick first and I'd have time to go out a window.  With Nick moving in, we decided to bring the fridge in from outside where it had been living.  It now stares at me in the living room since the kitchen wasn't ready for it.  

Another great thing that came about with Nick's arrival was the bathroom door.  Not that he brought one, it just wasn't on the bathroom before he got here, it was outside hanging with the fridge.  I decided that since if I was alone, it was ok, but I thought I'd spare Nick the horror of....all that.

We also made the place more homely by hanging up posters of female pop stars.  Because, hey, what doesn't cheer up a place like voluptuous women who sing dirty pop songs?  I bet you don't have to guess the sexuality of one resident with Katy Perry and Ke$ha staring at him while he sleeps.

So here we are today.  A fridge staring at me while I type, a door on the bathroom, and no curtains on any of the windows.  Good thing I stopped walking around naked, all the neighbors would have just been SO shocked by my AMAZING body.*  But hey, at least it's home.

Artist of Note:  I'm obsessing over Regina Spektor again.  The pre-made YouTube mix for her is excellent since it has one billion songs on it, all of which I like.

*That's totally sarcasm in case you guys didn't catch that.  I thought I'd tell you.  Fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment