Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh...Obviously

Well finals week is now descending upon us like the snow has from the sky, so all my classes are winding up final lessons and making sure everything is in order.

So, of course, I'm going to talk about class.  Biology, in fact.  Never done that before.

So we were finishing up the last chapter in our Biology book today when we get to a discussion about common ancestry.  My professor brought up the point that dolphins and humans have similar bone structure in their fins/hands and that way back when, we must have had some funky looking common ancestor.  Jokingly, my professor says, "I wonder what that thing must've looked like."

A student from the other side of the room, "It was the little mermaid!"

*laughter*

"You know, I always wondered how she got air to sing and why she didn't sound like muamuauaauaaa," my professor said.

*more laughter*

Then, with a face of cold stone and complete seriousness, the girl in the second row,

 "It's because she had gills."

Oh...obviously that's it, how could we have all been so foolish.  *awkward shiver*

Let's just say that the humor in the room at that moment threw itself off the top of the library.



Sidenote:  I'm usually a Scrooge about Christmas music, but apparently my black heart has melted and I can partake in the Christmas spirit.  I've recently been obsessed with the She & Him Holiday station on Pandora as it is all very classy Christmas music.  Mostly, it doesn't make me want to stab my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment