Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Life in Lines

Recently in Psychology, we had to write out our life plan and because I think I'm just the most hilarious person on the planet, I decided to write a poem.  No, this is not all that I turned in, I just added it at the end for brownie points.

My Life in Lines:

College house basement where I live
I’m going to leave you, so do forgive
I’m moving on, I’m moving up
New University, new job, new cups (and plates)

You’ll be all empty inside soon
Gonna move my stuff to a new room
Have my roommate picked out, job in tow
You’ll beg me to stay and I’ll just say, “So?”

My major will be more than cool
Two years? They’ll fly by you fool
I’ll date around and own a cat
All I hope is that I won’t get fat

Eventually I’ll settle own
Find “the one”, he’ll get the crown
Work all day, study all night
Then eat ramen by the candlelight

Then that fateful day will roll around
December 13th, my birthday will be found
I’ll turn 30—hell that’s up there
And poof, I’m rainbow glitter in the air

…and that’s how I died.

THE END

3 comments:

  1. too bad this already isn't true

    cedar city here i'll stay
    i try but I just can't get away
    i say i'll leave forevermore
    yet get sucked bacl by this tiny town whore

    i'll end up in plaid and cowboy boots
    one of those grouchy old men who don't give a hoot
    to big city dreams goodbye i'll wave
    and be buried in a sweet little cedar grave

    ReplyDelete