Thursday, January 12, 2012

What shall we name you?

First post of 2012! Woooot!

Can I just first mention how much of a Britney Spears mood I'm in right now.  I'm a SLAAAAAAAAVE....for youuuuuu...

That's me belting Britney in my basement...my neighbors love me I bet, I'm giving them the gift of music.  Merry late Christmas.

The semester has begun, oh what fun! You know how I talked about English last semester?  Pretty sure that I'll be writing more about psych this time.  Which leads me into the story of today...

It is the second day of psych class (more like the first since the first day you just talk about the syllabus and what you will do for the class), and we got into a discussion about paradigm mediated reality.  Quick explanation about what that is.  A paradigm is usually how we interpret the things about us so a paradigm mediated reality is how we view the world and other based on what we make up for ourselves.  A terrible explanation but I think it kind of explains it.  Considering it has little to do with my story, I'll let it go.  You should too.

Point being, my professor put up a picture of a girl (from the late 80's/early 90's) and asked if there were any names we could give her.

"Sharon." I said

"Aaron?" said my professor

"Sharon"

"Ara?"

"No, Shaaaroon."


"Ok, Aaron"

*sigh*

"...Aaron?"

Final attempt, "SHARON."

"Oh, Sarah, ok."

Needless to say, this will be a fun class.

In all honesty, this is probably the class i'm the most excited for in terms of learning new things.  Over the semester I get taught by 7 professors of the psychology department in what each of them specializes in.  It helps that also most of the class is discussion and opinions on how we feel about things we read.

Here's to a good semester.


Quick note:  I'm usually not a huge fan of New Years resolutions but someone told me that if you write them down it is a little more official.  Some quick ones I would like to try and keep.
-Read a new book (non-school related) at least every two weeks.  So far I have two books going at the same time.
-Not get below a B.  The goal would of course be a 4.0 with all A's, but sometimes it just doesn't happen, ya know?
-Be able to run a consecutive 10 miles by the end of 2012.  On my way with 3 miles of huffing and puffing.
-Alter all the coats/jackets I bought on my own.  I will learn how...hopefully.
-Apply for a new job...more on that later.
-Swim at least 3 days a week with 1500 yards or more, 1200 or more for the first couple weeks.  I'm out of shape ya'll.

I feel like those are good ones for now that start this year right.  Let's see how it goes.

I'm a SLAAAAAAAAAVVVE......for yooooouuu.....

1 comment:

  1. I'll help you with the clothes. Oh, and is that professor the one that knows Grandma? I think his name is Les...

    ReplyDelete